Dec 10, 2010

The beginning of the trip...


The last week before my flight to Buenos Aires simply flew by. Between working and meeting up with friends and family, there wasn't much time to worry about the adventure I was about to embark on. But as I sat in the airport drinking an overpriced juice and looking out the windows on the planes about to fly out into the world, the butterflies began coming back.
What the h... was I getting myself into??? I had just had such a good time with my friends and their families and I was scared I would miss them all soo much that it would be difficult for me to enjoy my trip. And what if I didn't find anyone nice to talk to on my trip. So it was with a massive knot in my stomach that I boarded the plane that would take my from Copenhagen to Frankfurt where I had a short layover before my flight to São Paulo from where I would catch my last flight to Buenos Aires, Argentina. However, things began looking up already on the way from Frankfurt to São Paulo as I sat next to a very nice girl who gave me a lot of helpful tips for when I return to São Paulo, as well as her e-mail in case I need further advice. I have since met many other sweet and wonderful people and I am slowly but surely beginning to gain confidence in the thought that deciding to travel on my own in South America will be ok. 

No comments:

Post a Comment